Friday, May 8, 2009

September 1st has come to fast
Looking back on the summer and all the memories
So many good times spent at home
Jones beach, beach House, Hamptons, summer ball
There was no down time
August 31st a million things running through my head
Less than 24 hours til’ I’m off to College.
Wanting to go back
Not wanting leaving everything behind
Mom dad Leanne Todd and Buster
The five treasures that mean the most to me
One final dinner
Everyone wanted to talk about everything
Except me leaving
Putting money on it
My brother blurted out
“So When are you leaving?”

One last ice-cream desert.
Off to bed
I lay there
Eyes open
Staring at the ceiling
Not getting a minute of sleep
Too much on my mind
Wishing it was July 1st again
Morning creeps up
And it is time to pack the car and take off
Everyone started to hug and kiss me
I got all the good byes and miss yahs
It was my mom’s turn
She said good bye and I love you
I said its not good bye its I’ll see you soon
I didn’t get it.. good bye means your leaving for good
I wasn’t leaving for good
I was just leaving temporarily
I looked back one more time..
And said..
…Ill See Yah Soon

No comments:

Post a Comment